A MESSAGE FROM THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH MALAYSIA
Practise A Healthy Lifestyle
Mothers can help make the world a safer place for our families.
One of the most precious gifts our mothers have given us is to instill the importance of safety and prevention of injury. They also help ensure safety at the playground and on the orads.
SAFETY AT HOME:
Mothers know best that prevention of injury begins at home by:
* keeping sharp utensils, hot kettle and iron out of children's
* covering open wate containers.
* putting protective caps on all plug pointswhen not in use.
* locking away medicines and poisonous cleaning materials beyond the reach of children.
* putting matches and lighters in a safe place.
* choosing safe furniture.
AT THE PLAYGROUND:
Playgrounds may be places for fun and freedom but mothers realise that there may
Their motherly instincts will ensure that:
* children paly safely and observe playground rules at al times.
* children are supervised at all times.
* children wear safety gears like halmets, knee & elbow pads when necessary.
ON OUR ROADS:
Teaching the children to care for their own safety has always been a priority.
Children are always reminded
* not to play on the roads and be careful when cycling there.
* to use overhead bridges and zebra crossings.
* to walk facing traffic.
* to observe traffic rules at all times.
Mothers, for your love and care for our safety, we thank you.